Held each Fall in partnership with Yukon Government Sport and Recreation Branch, the Annual Recreation Gathering provides a professional development and networking opportunity for recreation practitioners, after-school and youth leaders, volunteer Board members and local recreation authorities. The Recreation Gathering equips leaders to better support quality recreation and active living opportunities in their communities.
Rooted in Recreation; 2017 Annual Recreation Gathering
October 10th to 12th at Marsh Lake
Who is Invited?
- Recreation Directors, programmers and staff; participants in the Recreation North Pilot; RHEAL Leaders and Community Club/Recreation Board Members leaders.
- Remember to nominate someone in your community for RPAY's Community Recreation Recognition Award. This award will be presented at the Gathering on October 10th.
- $100 plus RPAY membership includes all sessions and meals. Some participants may be eligible for accommodation and a travel subsidy.
- Due to limited space, rural participants (living outside the Southern Lakes area) receive priority for accommodation. Participants are expected to share a room.
How to Register:
Registered participants are required to attend 100% of the Gathering. (Pre-sessions are optional.)
- Get your new or renewed RPAY membership.(RPAY memberships expire annually on July 1st.).
- Once you are a member, fill out the online form before the deadline of Monday, September 22nd.
- Due to limited capacity of the venue, there is a maximum number for registration. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Thank you to Yukon Government Sport and Recreation Branch for supporting the 2017 Annual Recreation Gathering.